Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Down and Out

I went away over night on Saturday night with some of my girly pals from our baby group - we had the most wonderful time having some chill out time, eating and drinking and just having a laugh. We went on Saturday afternoon but I had checked in advance that we would be able to see the match.

I Can't Believe We Are Out!

Looking at the Semi Final line up we SHOULD still be there and what's more if we had been we had the best chance in years of going all the way. Gutted. With a capital G,U,T,T,E and D!

Although I am cross that Ronaldo clearly was trying to wind Rooney up I personally think that it is his place, as a highly paid premiership footballer who has been given the honour to represent his country, to keep his head and stay on the pitch. I so hope he learns from it.

I felt so sorry for Becks, when he was sitting on the bench it was so obvious his dream was falling away in front of his eyes. I can't beleive the criticism he has got over the tournament, nobody set the world alight but at least he was well involved with most of the goals we did score. I have to confess to also having rather damp eyes during his resignation from captain press conference!

Anyway, back to the weekend. I didn't take the camera but we stayed at a Golf and Coutry Club, we ate, we drank and we laughed and laughed and laughed. Oh and we swam (in deep water instead of the baby pool!) and went in the Jacuzzi. We didn't get great sleep when we eventually went to bed as there was a wedding going on and let's just say although the bridesmaids were not in Burberry they may well have been!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
Crafty Blogs