Friday, June 16, 2006

Ooohh I've come over all technical!

Thanks to fabulous instructions from Clare I have made my very first banner for my blog, gone is the boring old generic one and in it's place a not very exciting one made by me, but it's a start!

You know in cartoons where the character runs in mid air and never gets anywhere (except for falling off a cliff!) well thats what I am feeling like at the moment. I am the total antithesis of a Domestic Goddess - I am really untidy and it's even starting to get on my nerves, I need a week with no work, no internet, someone looking after Belle and a minor miracle to get the house back in some sort of order. On top of that we have piles of stock that has not made it as far as the website and needs to go on. We have a craft fair this weekend so will spend Saturday preparing and Sunday at the event. Needless to say I have got no scrapping done for ages. Ho Hum, if the world could just stop for a day or two and I could get off, whizz round doing everything that needs doing and then I could get back on that would be grand!

On another subject I need advice! We have no cash but that hasn't stopped me thinking I might need a new camera. I have been looking at the Canon ES350D which isn't cheap when you factor in the price of a couple of lenses but I am hoping to do a photography course at the local Adult Ed centre and I would love to be able to take gorgeous photos - so I need a decent camera (am I convincing you? I am trying to convince myself LOL) So, let me know what camera you have, would you recommend it? Do you have the Canon ES350D - is it the bees knees as I have heard they are? Lenses? Any camera advice is DEFINITELY welcome. Answers on a postcard or just in the comments or via e mail. Thanks!

5 Comments:

Blogger greyparrot said...

luh-uh-uh-ove the new header- want those flowers!

11:43 pm  
Blogger munchkin mama said...

oooh definatly get a nice camera!!
I've not gone digital as they are so expensive, but i've got a Minolta dynax 5 and i love it! if you're doing a course its well worth investing in something you're going to get used to and love.... for eg if you were going to get a non digital SLR and find yourself wanting a digital you're gonna kick yourself!
but check the requirements of the course.... sometimes they want to you have film cameras for darkroom work etc.
oooh an essay!
i love that header... i really need to figure out how to put one on mine!

7:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your new banner is GREAT!!! I still don't know how to do one, so may have to come to you for advice!!
I have the Nikon D70 and think it's the BEST camera EVER!! I went to Jessop's camera store in Bury and had them talk me through every DSL they had and came away knowing I would get the Nikon D70...also, a friend who works at Venture Photography in Cambridge says the Nikon D70 is what they all use there....
Anna is coming to Bury Wednesday...any chance you can sneak up here??? If not, lets start looking at dates!!
XOXO

8:33 pm  
Blogger Maria said...

fab banner Mel, can you do one for me now:)

10:07 pm  
Blogger domestic goddess said...

gorgeous banner babes, i love it,

9:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
Crafty Blogs