Saturday, February 10, 2007

Tidying, A Culinary Disaster and Valentines

Well today hasn't been that exciting. My Mother in Law and her partner are coming tomorrow so we are faced with the customary frantic tidying mission! I am hopelessly untidy and I am possibly the worst housewife ever to walk the earth! So today I have been trying to clear the dining room table while Darren went out to football. Sounds bad doesn't it? He went out and left me tidying. But the reality is, he is super tidy and is also remarkably quick at tackling the tidying so he was easily able to do his share AND go out for a few hours!

Secondly I feel I must confess the French Onion soup was a disaster. Well ok it wasn't THAT bad but I didn't really stick to the recipe and I made rash decisions like thinking that because I love caramelised onions that I should add a whole heap more sugar than the recipe said. And I just chucked things in willy nilly. Now don't get me wrong, that is my favourite way to cook and some of my best dishes have come from such blatant disregard for the quantities, ingredients and method set out in the recipe but, on this occassion, it just meant the soup was FAR too sweet and I could only pretend to enjoy half a bowl before leaving the rest! I Still love French Onion Soup and will try and make it again but sticking to the recipe!

I decided to be brave an upload the valentines card. Darren won't look on my blog, well certainly not before Wednesday so I am fairly safe. I must add the following little disclaimers that

a) I am so NOT a card maker, I was just too tight to pay £3 for a card when I have a load of card blanks at home.

b) I KNOW it is pink and it is a card for a bloke but I really made it the way I would like it.

c) Does anyone know a man who actually likes the soppiness of valentines day? I don't so he won't really care that the card is pink and home made very badly!

I am hoping tomorrow Darren won't go too mad if I get out the scrapping stuff when Jenny and Robin have gone home because I have a Circle Journal that needs to get finished and posted. I LOVE the journal I have right now and am tempted to tell it's owner that the dog from down the road came into the house and ate it just so I can keep it! Mwahaha It's theme is Art House and each page has to be a house of some kind. I would tell you what mine will be but then I would have to erase the memory of anyone who reads this blog and that sounds like a whole lot of hassle.

A Ha - it looks like the valentines card will remain under wraps for another day or two as blogger once again is in "computer says no!" mode. No pictures for me AGAIN!

1 Comments:

Blogger jakey said...

Oh, blogger makes me SO mad sometimes!!!! But I see you got round it eventually ! :-)

Glad to hear you are a hopeless housewife... me too! But I have a magnet on my fridge that says "Dull women have immaculate homes".... and THAT is my licence to carry on my own sweet (messy) way! Lol!

jk xx

9:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
Crafty Blogs