Sunday, July 09, 2006

World Cup


Well it is all over for another 4 years. I have really enjoyed this world cup although it is a shame it ended with penalties and Zidane having a crazy moment which will ruin the end of his career forever.

I think the Germans have done themselves a lot of favours in the way they have run the tournament, it has been well run and on the most part policed well. I also think they have tackled the problem of what to do with ticketless fans in the best way possible - being proactive, providing lots of venues and facilities for them rather than the usual host nation tactic of hoping that they won't turn up!

Shame England didn't live up to expectations, I really felt for David Beckham afterwards when he gave up the captaincy - the right thing to do but sad to watch. I do hope he goes on to get his 100 caps, it annoyed me beyond measure that straight after the press conference sky crossed over to William Hill spokesman to discuss the odds on him never playing for England again.

I have to say the BEST NEWS of the World Cup is....








The ATDML Allstars finished top of the league! Woo Hoo - after being ahead at the end of every round there were last minute bids to usurp the Allstars from Brooncastle Utd, El Diablos and Jo's Magpies but depsite the sending off of their captain Zinidine Zidane the ATDML Allstars held on to win the league by 9 points!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please make a visit to my tweety bird wedding supplies site.
Good luck in your endeavors!

11:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
Crafty Blogs