Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Fun with paint and ink!


Wow - I have really been having fun with paint, ink and modge podge! I am in a circle journal group with some girls from the pad and I have created my journal based on song lyrics.

The first picture is the front cover of the journal. I printed some script paper then masked off areas with cardstock cut into swirls while I stamped and inked the areas differently. I love the Tim Holtz stamps I used. (PAisley at the top and harlequin at the bottom. They don't show so well in the front picture but better on the back. Then I masked the title and the heart with Heidi Swapp masks and painted with yumyy Jo Sonja paints. Finally I doodled with pen adn with glossy accents, added the delish crackle accents over the red and when that was dry I covered it all with two coats of modge podge mixed with a bit of bronze paint.

For my intor page I wanted to keep it simple so I used lots of green paint, stamped the "Be Yourself" Tim Holtz stamp onto aseparate piece of painted cardstock. Added the title in "Bottle Top Letter Stickers" and printed our my (brief) instructions onto white cardstock and stuck them down.

At this point I will admit to a blatant disregard for EVERYTHING I learned on my photo course - or so it seems! Unfortunately the intro page pic is out of focus because the shutter speed was too slow and there's a bit of camera shake. uh oh - well it is packaged and sent now so will have to re photograph when it returns!

Will upload the inside entry I did later on tonight or tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

What a lush front cover!

7:37 pm  
Blogger Tracey said...

Excellent book Mel!

11:50 pm  
Blogger Suzanne said...

oooooooh that is utterly gorgeous!

1:51 am  
Blogger domestic goddess said...

love this sooo much, looks stunning

6:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
Crafty Blogs