Sunday, December 10, 2006

Crazy Days

Well it was my work Christmas meal on Friday. Usually these are quiet sensible affairs which end EARLY! Well not this time! We went out to a hotel for a meal followed by a disco and I had a blast!!!!! OK so the Creme Brulee was not the best I ever tasted but we had fun!

Unfortunately I had to be up at 6a.m. the next day ready to take the shop to Nickis crop in Bury. I love going to crops (especially Nickis as the girls are all so much fun) but at 6 o'clock I was not ready to crawl out of bed!

I hauled myself up and went over to Mums... or at least I tried. Lucily I was nearly there before the car cut out. The power steering went, the oil light came on and so did the battery light. Now I have been here before and I could see the ££££ signs stacking up quickly. Darren came out and we called the AA so Mum had to go to the crop herself while I took care of Belle and Darren took care of the car! At this point we thought the engine had seized due to a radiator leak, or a slightly less expensive scenario; the head gasket had gone AGAIN!

Luckily the AA came quickly and towed Darren and Belle home and I got to go on to the crop - better late than never!

It was great to catch up with the girls, Annie popped in and it was lovely to chat with her, she is still annoyingly cute and petite for someone who is 37 weeks pregnant, I remember feeling like I had eaten a basketball at that stage! I also managed to get her write a little important date in her diary!!!.... mwahahaha

By the time I got home at around 7pm I was ready for bed but a sudden burst of energy and a little dose of Ty Pennington on Extreme Makeover Home Edition helped me stay awake and get on with a circle journal!

I am having a blast working on the Hodge Podge circle journal I am in. As the name suggests it is a mixture of themes and styles, there are a couple of scrappy ones but in the main they are arty ones. I am really loving playing with paints and inks in a way I never usually do with my layouts. I don't know why I don't try a layout or two in that style, there are some stunning layouts done in that very arty way and many of them by our own very inky, painty and generally fabby Clare! *Note to self, must get on and try new things!*

Anyway here is the last of my Cyber Crop layouts. I am always amazed by the amount that people get done in a weekend. I thought four layouts was quite productive but then I am quite slow at scrapping! I have to faff about for AGES first before committing glue to paper and actually getting started!!! I scanned it before it was quite finished as the leaves are connected by a swirly doodle thing - I wanted them to be "falling" but didn't like it so added the doodle so they weren't floating aimlessly anymore - I am of course far too lazy to go and rescan the layout now - it's done now!

5 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Fingers crossed the car doesnt work out too expensive!
Gorgeous LO of Belle!

4:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad that you did manage to get to us. We would be lost without our Bi monthly dose of Atdml, you and your Mum. ta for the BDay card:) Have a fantastic crimble

Nicki

8:20 pm  
Blogger domestic goddess said...

so pleased annie annoys you with her cuteness and gorgeousness!!!
hugs

1:42 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

ROFL - Anna that's naughty! The green eyed monster comes out in disbelief that anyone is able to be THAT sweet and gorgeous at any time let alone when they are about to pop!

9:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, I do feel like i have eaten a basketball....LOL!!
Lovely to see you to my dear!
XOXO

6:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
Crafty Blogs