Thursday, January 04, 2007

OK Just One More Post With Christmas Photos!

You may remember the layout I did of Isabelle and 'Mr Monkey' - he is her favourite cuddly toy and she loves him to death. She can't of course say Mr or Monkey and for ages we wondered when our daughter had turned into Vicki Pollard as she kept on saying "minger!" It was only when "Minger" became "Munger" that we twigged she was talking about her monkey! Oh the joys of toddlers learning to speak. Anyway, I digress! Here is Mr Monkey in festive attire! Closely followed by Belle wearing a party hat and unwrapping presents with my cousin Elizabeth (who has the patience of a saint as Isabelle takes piles of books over to her and sits on the sofa thrusting the same story over and over again at Elizabeth for her to read!!!!).

Oh and last but not least there is a picture of the bauble I painted before Christmas. Last year we painted a plate and a bauble with Izzys footprint on it and this year we did a plate with her hand prints. (The less said about the handprint bauble attempt the better!) But I also indulged myself by sitting in All Fired Up in Colchester merrily painting baubles with Elizabeth, listening to Christmas music and feeling festive (Darren had taken Isabelle home and put her to bed by this point in case you are wondering what I did with her while I faffed about painting! Anyway, here is one of the results!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sue Jones said...

LOL at minger monkey!!!
Look at those sqwishy cheeks :)
Lovely photos

11:06 pm  
Blogger munchkin mama said...

Aww she is such a little doll!
how do you get such good photos in the house? mine all turn out really rubbish... am i missing something? do you use the SLR?
and i lurve the bauble idea! what baubles do you use and what kind of paint do you paint with?
sorry about all the questions!!
xxx

2:45 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

Hi Ams,
I use a DSLR (a Nikon D70s) and for indoor photos especially at my Mums (which is very dark and where the pics apart from the bauble were taken) you have to switch the ISO up. I also took them in RAW mode so I could fiddle about with the settings in photoshop.

I went to a store in Colchester called All Fired Up to paint the baubles and plates. They have all sorts of ceramic items which have been fired once (probably biscuit baked!) and then you paint on with their glazes. They then fire the item for you and you collect it a week later. My friend Alison however has made some lovely plates for me (when her son left my class at school and when I left to go on maternity leave) and I think she used ordinary white plates \ croxkery and use ceramic glaze pens and or paints which are designed for use at home, you bake the items in the oven and that fixes the glaze.

Hope this helps,
Mel
x

7:20 pm  
Blogger Shirley said...

I love your Photos but Minger Monkey is a peach!
Your Dort is very cute do you loan her out? Cos I could do with a day of sqishy hugging cuteness!

2:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
Crafty Blogs