Monday, February 12, 2007

Conversational Confusion & Visitors

Isabelle is trying very hard to speak and her reportoire of words is growing by the day. It does get a bit confusing when she is adamant she wants whatever it is she is trying to say but it sounds too much alike!
Nana = nana, Darrens Mum. We have been saying this all week to proactise as Nana and Robin were coming to visit yesterday. Just to confuse matters she also says Nana to refer to her friend Susanna!

Narnee = not to be confused with Nana this is Izzys shortened form of Banana; said VERY frequently.

Nonny = Johnny, one of her little friends and companion for most of the week I was away. Several times a day since we have got back she has looked forlornly around and said "Nonny?" as if she has lost a favourite toy.

Needless to say yesterday when she was getting very cross with me for not understanding her I was lost in a tirade of Nana, Nonny and Narnee's


Anyway, yesterday, as I mentioned my Mother In Law and her partner Robin came to visit us. I have to admit I wasn't sure whether the tidying would get done but it did! It was lovely to see them and we had a nice lunch together while Izzy had her nap. My gorgeous new storage solution was admired LOTS by Robin who has now decided he needs an Expedit! - no, neither Jenny or Robin are scrapbookers but as well as being the perfect size for 12x12 layouts and cardstock it of course will fit a large number of 12" records which they have and need storing. If only IKEA would give me commission. ;)

Isabelle enjoyed having a different audience to watch her prancing about playing with her sunglasses and climbing into her booster seat, buckling herself in and then undoing it (her new favourite trick) and of course she wasn't shy about thrusting a book at her Nana and saying "Nana Book" a few times! I got Darren to snap a picture of them reading together. My lounge has AWFUL light and on a late afternoon in February with the ISO cranked up the picture quality isn't good at all but I like it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
Crafty Blogs