Sunday, February 18, 2007

It Didn't Go Quite To Plan

Today Mum and I were due to go to Stitches at the NEC. Stitches (short for International Craft Hobby and Stitches) is the main UK trade show for the craft business and most manufacturers and distributors have stands there. I have to confess that several people had said to me that coming so soon after CHA it would probably be a disappointment as the scale of the event is MUCH smaller and you have just seen most of the new releases.

However, I didn't get to find out. I have been feeling a little off colour with a sore throat and flu like symptoms but last night by the time I got to Mums (to stay over and get an extra 20 minutes in bed before an early start) I felt absolutely rotten.

I slept very badly, in fact I only slept between 11 and 2:30a.m. and even then I had really vivid bad dreams which is very unusual for me. Needless to say when Mum came in at six she took one look at me and suggested I stay home. I guess she didn;t fancy a few hours couped up in a germ infested car with me!

I tried to get a bit more sleep but after downing a few Neurofen I felt a bit better and consoled myself with finishing a layout I had started the other night.
It's nothing fancy but I love this photo and I am quite pleased with the layout.

Mum didn't stay that long, placed a few orders, picked up a few catalogues and most importantly met up with a few online friends. I was so sad to miss out on seeing them but I think I probably did the right thing staying at home. As it happens Mum had a coffee with Ginger probably at the same time I was finishing off her Art House Circle Journal - well it needs it's holes punched but then it's done. I will maybe upload a sneak peek next time but not the whole thing as it has to be a surprise when t gets home!

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Sorry to hear you've been unwell, Mel, but glad you're starting to feel better.

That's a cracking photo of the three of you. I like how you've done the frames and flowers.

11:38 pm  
Blogger domestic goddess said...

hope you are feeling better hun, sounds like you had the rotten lurgy i had in LA, absolutley adore that photo
hugs

12:15 pm  
Blogger Shirley said...

Hope you fel better soon and are up for a party on Thursday!

7:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

really really hope you are feeling better dear!! take it easy!!
xoxo

8:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
Crafty Blogs