Sunday, June 10, 2007

Busy Week


As Isabelle gets older she will learn the art of spinning out your birthday to last at least a week and I have been working on that this week!


Saturday 2nd - Family Party

Monday 4th - Actual birthday, cake and candles at Music

Thursday 7th - Picnic with friends

Friday 8th - Swimming and lunch with friends


I still haven't had time to do any crafting whatsoever although I am going to photograph a couple of layouts that I finished a while ago and get them uploaded hopefully today.
If anyone can tell me exactly how to fit in scrapping, in amongst running a business, working part time, having a family and attempting a social life i would love to know. Answers on a postcard please!

**Edited** Ok now i have photographed the layout although I can't for the life of me get a decent, straight photo of a layout and my A3 scanner (Mustek) is not compatible with Windows Vista much to my annoyance. i am holding out in the hope they write a driver for it so it will work but I am not happy at the prospect of buying a new scanner :(

So here is the layout. Isabelle adores Jonathon and asks me nearly everyday if we are going to "See Johnny?" Try as i might I haven't been able to get a good photo of them together. On the day this was taken we decided to try to get them to sit and pose for a picture together so I said "Go and sit together in front of the tree" - of course being the impeccably good and obedient children they are the both ran behind the tree and peeped round the other side... click click click and I got this shot which I LOVE!


The title came very easily (unsurprisingly) and although the lettering isn't perfect (I used masks and paint) I decided i quite like the little imperfections and persevered with it. When I thought i had finished I went away and came back and decided to add the little pink flowers to balance all that green and to pick out the pink in Izzys hat and the tree looked very large so I cut out the heart, used masks and watermark ink to create the word friends and stuck it in the middle.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a totally gorgeous page Mel
Love it

And what a shame that when you get older birthdays tend to last just the one day. I vote for us allt o have week long birthdays

3:25 pm  
Blogger Shirley said...

That photo is adorable!

12:20 am  
Blogger Dawnie said...

Fabulous layout, Mel-that photo is priceless!!!
Dawnx

2:45 am  
Blogger Maria said...

Gorgeous LO and Izzy is such a little cutie

3:52 pm  
Blogger Lyzzydee said...

What a great photo!

3:44 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Amazing idea I feel completely inspired!!! Thank you

4:44 pm  
Blogger domestic goddess said...

love the LO and yes birthdays last a week here too!!!

1:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the layout and it's a fantastic picture.

8:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
Crafty Blogs