Monday, April 17, 2006

The Wedding, Easter and WHAT WAS HE THINKING?!?!?!?

First of all ~ The Wedding
I stayed over at Mums on Friday night so I could get to my hair dressers for my 8:45 appointment. Darren took Izzy home on Friday afternoon and I was a bit miserable because he was taking her away for the weekend, to visit his family and some friends. Got my hair cut ~ very nice thank you Michelle! Stopped in at Asda to get some tights in case I couldn't find any at home!

Got ready and was picked up at 12:15 - now I KNOW I am hopelessly disorganised but really - the wedding was only in Chelemsford so half an hour away and it was at 2pm! Nevermind, we stopped off in the pub for some crisps and a drink. The wedding was fab, Hannah looked gorgeous and it all went great (photos to come when I get the film developed... more on the camera bit later!) We took some photos at the church and then went to the reception, unfortunately it started to rain during the photos but they got some shots before it rained too much.

The meal was lovely and as a surprise the Bride and Groom had booked a little three piece band who wandered around between tables taking song requests during the wait for dinner and the first and last courses. The three guys were all older men with a banjo, trombone and trumpet but it was great fun and lots of singing ensued including Amarillo and Rocking All Over The World alongside My Old Man said follow the Van!!!!!!!!! I guess you had to be there. I think I took some band pics too so will put them on later!The reception was great and I stayed out dancing til it finished at 12:30 then got a lift home to my empty house :(

On the plus side I got up on Sunday morning and watched another episode of Desperate Housewives (OK I know I am sooooo behind the times but I didn't watch more than the first three episodes on the TV so Darren gave me the DVDs for my birthday) Thenw ent over to Mums for a roast mmmmmmmmmmm!

Now we get to WHAT WAS HE THINKING?!

Darren had insisted on taking our digi camera away because (and I quote) "What's more important, pictures of your friends wedding or pictures of Isabelle with her Grandparents, Aunite Uncle and our friends who we hardly ever see?" I gave in and borrowed Mums camera (lovely to use but NOT digital) and when he got back I said I wanted to see the pics he had taken of Isabelle and our friends children... "Oh, I forgot I had the camera so I haven't taken ANY pictures!" ARGGGHHHHH Men! I thought I had got him well trained but obviously an intensive refresher course is required!

Hope you all had a great Easter and are not too overdosed on chocolate! We are making the most of Darrens last day before going back to work by going out this afternoon - not sure where but hey, its a magical mystery tour.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue Jones said...

Mine had taken DD to Wales to visoit his mother but , i have told him to buy a disposable camera..he's not that great at taking photos..usually chopps the heads off LOL
Enjoy the rest of your Easter
Sue xx

2:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
Crafty Blogs