Sunday, April 02, 2006

Lovely Day at Thurston

We spent yesterday at Nickis crop at Thurston Community centre. We took the shop and spent the day chatting to lovely ladies who were cropping and shopping. I was in such a hurry to get over to Mums on Friday night that I forgot to pack up any page kits so I was extremely jealous of all the ladies scrapping away.

I did get chance to meet some UKS people and was especially pleased to meet my "UKS Foster Daughter" Hannah! She was lovely and although she didn't have her album with her she did show me her entry for Kirstys Scrap Yourself challenge. You can see Hannahs glorious entry here and Wowweeeeee do I have a talented daughter!!!! Her doodling is to die for - both on this layout and on something she was working on at the crop!

I also spent time browsing the albums of others at the crop - Shirley AKA SF34 and Cherry AKA Suffolk Scrapper both let me browse their layouts. I just love to nosey through other peoples albums, it always inspires me to go and try things.

We stayed until 4pm and then headed home but not before I had chance to see the lovely Leah in the flesh again (Shirleys beautiful baby and star of her layouts!) Seeing Leah made me want to rush home to see Izzy who I had missed all day but by the time I got home 6:30pm Darren had put her to bed because she was tired and grumpy :( So I had to settle for a kiss and wait til this morning for a cuddle. Thanks to Nicki for inviting us, I love going to her crops because they are a really friendly bunch of scrappers - hopefully as the last couple at this venue have been successful there will be some more.

I didn't have much chance to sit down before I had to get ready to go out to a colleagues evening Wedding reception. It was lovely - one of those really happy wedding receptions where everyone was having a great time. It was great to meet up with a load of people from school socially instead of at work and I had a really nice evening (except I was driving so I had to stick the to J2O's!) This morning however I have "Hi Ho Silver Lining!" going round and round in my head from last nights disco!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
Crafty Blogs