Saturday, July 29, 2006

Articles and My Little Digi Project!

Blogger and my computer have been conspiring against me, I have tried to write entries a couple of times but either the PC crashed of Blogger just wouldn't let me in!

I'm so excited, we have had a site upgrade and we have several new things in the pipeline. One of the changes is we now have an articles section which we hope to fill with lots of great resources. We have currently got a couple of articles in there written by the wonderful Karen AKA Scrapdolly. This lady never ceases to amaze me! I would never have believed that it was possible to combine quantity and quality the way she does! There are lots of wonderful scrappers but I can't believe there are many who can create such a large volume of work that is all lovely :) Not only can she do that but I put an e mail out to our design team asking them to consider the possibility of doing an article or two for us and she replies the next day with an article she had that was written but never published and promises me a "proper" article soon - that appeared in my inbox later that day! Amazing!

Anyway, I have some plans to develop the articles section into a bit more than just articles but we will have to see how it all pans out. At the moment I am just relieved to see Mum emerging from the mountain of Pizza Boxes that were filled with UKS kits, I was beginning to think she would never surface! I am really looking forward to the Scrapping Summer Holiday Event - relaxed and easy going is my kind of thing :)

We are off to a crop with the shop on Saturday, Nicki Harvey has a Saturday crop in Bury St Edmunds every couple of months and we take the shop sometimes, it is great to chat to the customers and nosey round some fabulous albums!

We are currently getting the house ready for our new lodger! (My cousin who is going to uni near here) and so I daren't get all the scrapping stuff out agin so instead I am getting on with a little digi project I have been planning a while. I LOVE Cathy Zielskes Encyclopedia Of My Ordinary Life idea .

Although I went as far as buying a portrait 8.5x11 album to do it in I have decided to modify the design a bit and go for the same size but landscape and do it digitally. Then I am going to have it printed as a photobook at photobox. The idea is that it is like an A-Z crossed with a Book of Me in the style of an encyclopedia. I have tried something similar before but I could never get past making every letter super interesting - I just am not that interesting! But thats where this idea comes in to it's own - the idea is you record the details of your ORDINARY life so therefore you include mundane and slightly weird stuff too! (Hence the entries of Electric Six and Epidural for e!)

I had a go at recreating Chatterbox Sun Roon digitally, I made my own spotty and stripey patterns using those colours as I am totally in love with them! GRRRRR Blogger won't let me upload the pictures I wanted to share of my cover page and the e entry. Ho hum, will try again later.
adopt your own virtual pet!
Crafty Blogs