Friday, September 08, 2006

Busy Month

Wow - the Summer really flew past and Darren is back to work and so am I (OK only for one day a week but thats enough!) Usually I find September is not a great month, back to work and not much else happening but this year September and October are full of cool happenings! Now I am going to bore you with the details.... LOL

On Tuesday i started a stint as a class supporter at an NCT antenatal group with my friend Shiv. I have three Tuesdays and two Saturday sessions to do for that this month. It was really cool to see all those expectant parents coming in for their first class full of antipaction and expectation. The info you get at NCT class is good but by far the best aspect of it is getting to know a whole group of people who are doing the same things and having the same concerns as you. The money we spent on NCT classes was by far and away the best money we spent while I was pregnant; we meet up still every week with the babies and have girls nights out every month.

We had my friend J and his girlfriend Herminia over for dinner yesterday which was great as we haven't seen them for a LONG time - too long, they have never met Belle! Then today we were at Hintlesham Community Hall for a Scrapbooking Show which was lovely - partly because we were already organised for it and partly because it is always lovely to meet some customers face to face! I took some pics of the stash on the stall here's one (the glorious 7 Gypsies 97% complete stickers - these have been going like the proverbial hot cakes especially as Shimelle is using them in one of her current classes!) and you can see the rest on the ATDML blog!

***OK Blogger is being mean to me again - the picture won't upload. I will edit when it is behaving again but untilt hem you really will have to go visit the ATDML blog to see my stash pics!***

At the end of this week my cousin Elizabeth is moving in while she goes to uni. Darren is working later these days (not really late by any stretch of the imagination but later than I am used to!) so it will be really nice to have some company and of course someone to shop with!

Then next Sunday my baby group friends and I are going for a girlie day at The Essex Golf and Country Club. We went to stay over night there in July as a treat for ourselves but there was a wedding going on and they were shouting, arguing and screaming outside our room doors til 4a.m. which wasn't the relaxing night away (and for some first night of unbroken sleep!) we had planned - one of the girls complained and we got free day passes to their spa and health club so it would be rude not to use them!!!!!

Then FINALLY the long awaited Scrapping Angels Retreat will come around. 23rd and 24th of September has been circled on my calender for AGES! I am so looking forward to this retreat. The teachers have been busy preparing some fab classes - even Annie who is supposed to be away on holiday in Seattle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
Crafty Blogs