Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Meant To Post This A While Ago

So this is one of only TWO photos in existence of my Great Grandmother (Mums, Mums Mum!) She is in the front row 6 in from the left. This is a scan of the original with creases and tears etc... I did play around myself and managed to do a passable job improving the quality of the photo overall but to be honest it really called for a professional job, not only because of its significance to my Mum, who has traced the family tree and has lots of photos and memorabeillia, but also because Mum wanted a picture that just isolated my Great Grandmother on her own - bear in mind this scan is pretty accurate size wise as it shows on blogger without clicking to enlarge!

So we sent it to Anam via e mail and she did a fab job :) I would definitely recommend her for this sort of restoration. This is what she came up with - needless to say Mum is thrilled with the results.

**I have just spent ages trying to get blogger to let me upload the second picture and the only way I could was if I resized it to 50% of original size. I won't upload the others Anam did right now as blogger is obviously not going to play nice! But suffice to say they were great and we love them!**

Thanks Anam - you're a star!

4 Comments:

Blogger joanna said...

Beautiful; isn't it lovely to have such a great job done on them. I don't know how she does it!! x

12:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow mel that is wonderful to see your photo so beautifully restored, anam is a star isnt she
anna x

7:23 pm  
Blogger Fiona said...

Wow! What a precious photo :D

10:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant job! - She fixed mine beautifully too. She IS a star!

jk

10:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
Crafty Blogs