Monday, January 15, 2007

New Storage!

So after all my posts on here reminding myself that I need to get my stuff downstairs and organised I broached the subject of where to put it all with Darren. It was upstairs on an old Argos workstation - in piles of disorganised mess!

I had found threads on the PAd and on UKS about "The Expedit" from IKEA and I decided that was The One! To my surprise Darren didn't even flinch when I suggested yesterday that I "needed" to go to IKEA. (Probably because he knew I would take Elizabeth and he would be spared the ordeal while he looked after Isabelle.

So four hours later (an hour each way plus two hours negotiating the last day of the IKEA sale crammed with every person in the world it seemed) I returned triumphant! Well maybe not triumphant, I was supposed to get the Beech one as it would go better but having trawled round the whole store, got to the designated area in the warehouse (Aisle 22 location 4) there was a choice of white or birch - beech and black\brown were out of stock. There was no way I was doing a repeat trip just to get a specific colour so we now have birch!

I LOVE IT! Elizabeth and I spent the evening trying to sort my stash. With a pile for e bay, a pile to take to Mums for the communal family supplies box and of course huge piles to organise on my beautiful new shelves. It isn't finished yet, I promise proper pictures when it is but for now here are my beautiful bargain blossom jars (Spice Jars - 4 for £1.99) in their own little cubby hole. I think jars filled with colour sorted blossoms and buttons must be just one of lifes HAPPY THINGS!!

4 Comments:

Blogger greyparrot said...

doodoodoodoooo....so you know i have expedit- but what you didn't know was that i keep my blossoms in those exact jars! see- we is super organised *cough....splutter*

12:14 pm  
Blogger Clare said...

hehehehe - I have loads of those jars for my big beads, buttons and blossoms too! I think its a common theme!

5:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need some of those jars..No room for the shelving that you have but i do have two Ikea cupboards and there are six shelves inside that fit 12"x 12" so i won't swear at you LOL..Looking forward to seeing the photos :)
Soojay

6:43 pm  
Blogger Shirley said...

I think I need some of those jars too!

7:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
Crafty Blogs