Saturday, January 27, 2007

Shopping!

After I blogged and posted on various forums and sent e mails this morning we went out to find breakfast. We had a walk around and got our bearings, picked up some tour leaflets on the way and ended up at a Dennys Diner for breakfast. When I went to Florida something I really loved were the biscuits - not biscuits like we have back home but things that looked like scones but were light and fluffy inside. Needless to say my breakfast included those!

We had a bit of a fiasco with the phones. We have $25 worth of different phone cards and we still can't get through to the UK. The guys in the tourist office tried to help but to no avail. I was really disappointed as we had worked out what time to call so I could speak to Isabelle. Although she doesn't really talk she likes listening on the phone and will sing to someone on the phone and I was dying to hear her little voice. Plus I also wanted to chat to Darren. I will try again tomorrow (Saturday - I am writing this on Friday evening even though I think blogger will register it as being posted on Saturday)

Anyway, after all the faffing we decided to save Disney til tomorrow so we couldmake the most of the opening times. Instead we decided to go into LA and check out a scrapbook store. I had planed on trying to locate one of the big chains like Michaels or Jo Anns but Anna had mentionned a couple of stores she was teaching at so we decided to check out Sweetpeas and Snapshots.... It was GORGEOUS!

We met the lovely Mary and her assistant who I am so cross to have forgotten the name of, I want to say she was called Pauline but I may be dreaming that part. Mary chatted with us for a while and mentionned that the store was low on stock as they were getting ready to order at CHA but I have to say we found lots of wonderful goodies to buy!!!!!!

They have an area set out for classes and the tables looked so cute all ready. They had pink tulips in the middle and each place had a bottle of water and a green apple. The store was set out with a vintage look with loads of bits and pieces of old furniture and objects to display the products. It was really refreshing to wander round and browse in a store set out like no other store I have been to.

We bought lots, of course, and found out from Mary that she too was staying at the Anabella which is where we are!

We have now sorted what we are doing for the rest of the week. We have Disne Tickets which we are going to use tomorrow and have booked a sight seeing tour for Wednesday - we decided we couldn't visit LA without going to see Manns Chinese Theater, The Hollywood Sign and Rodeo Drive amongst others.

Blogger has chosn today to refuse to allow me to upload any pictures which is a shame as we have some shots of Sweetpeas and of course of my breakfast!!!!! Will try again later or tomorrow to get some pictures on here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound like you are having such a fabulous time, enjoy it all (and take LOADS of pics for us) xxxx

6:46 pm  
Blogger scrapdolly said...

Mel
remember the directions to the stores - I am gonna be picking your brains in the summer
Sounds like you are having a fab time
Have a wonderful day at Disney - the happiest place in the world
x

1:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
Crafty Blogs