Friday, January 19, 2007

It Worked - I Scrapped!

Well having the new storage and moving my stuff downstairs has worked. For the first time in ages I scrapped a layout. The relocation of the scrapping stuff is still underway but I took time out to test out my new organised scrap area and created this layout. I used Scenic Route Cape Town papers and co-ordinating Bazzill. As is my ongoing "policy" I have included hand journaling and although the layout is far from perfect it feels great to be scrapping again. I have to say Izzy looks a bit odd in this photo as she is a bit squashy looking trying to get out of the car when I was trying to take the picture. Susanna however is quite possibly the most photogenic child ever and looks gorgeous as ever!

Went to the bank today to change the ATDML account from Sole Trader in Mums name to full partnership - so there's something you didn't know, officially until today I wasn't a partner in ATDML which is kind of sad. But now I am (though it was my own idea not to be until now as I didn't want the added hassle but the recent acquisition of a proper accountant has eased my worries!)

I am STILL not feeling organised for the trip to LA, I did take Elizabeth on a trial run to show her how to get to the two places that Izzy wil be going during the day while I am away as she will be doing some of the ferrying to and fro of Little Miss Isabelle. Oh and before we went on the reconnaissance mission we went for a bite to eat in Stada... Yummy food as usual (especially the melting chocolate essert) but why oh why do I have to find that the occupants of the next table include a child I teach on my day at school. I love children, really I do, but when I want a silly girly meal out I don't want to be seated next to the pupils!

We still have a few places left on the retreat - I meant to post lots more about it but I don't seem to have got around to it. All the details are on our welcome page and when I get back from CHA I will post a long post with tonnes of details I promise! Talking of posts and CHA, we are taking the laptop and the camera so hopefully I will be able to post on here, the ATDML blog and on our website with a few pictures and updates of what we have been up to!

6 Comments:

Blogger Roz said...

That layout is lovely, sounds like the new room is working a treat. Congrats on Partnership.

12:41 am  
Blogger Sue Jones said...

Love your LO. Really LOVE the photo of Izzy ( reminds me of Meg at that age ..all cuddly :)) ...definately a little girl i wouldn't be able to resist cuddling! Shes adorable.
Are you SURE you don't need me to come with you to CHA???????
Have a wonderful time...will look forawrd to seeing the photos.

8:59 am  
Blogger scrapdolly said...

Great page Mel and congrats on the full partnership too LOL

I am dead envious of you goingt o LA and can't wait to see what you post

9:08 am  
Blogger GlitteryKatie said...

Fabby LO! Glad you are having fun scrapping chick :O)
*waves to Mel, Jill and Izzy-pops*
love kt x

10:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All so exciting....getting some scrapping done, becoming a partner (that sounds so important and official LOL), going to LA, AND your cool new banner....that is new right?? I love it, want one, will come by just to covet it!!
XOXO

12:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's gorgeous Mel my darling, such a lot of work has gone into it. So glad you are loving your new scrapping space. Happy crafting. Love Boo xxx :D

1:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
Crafty Blogs