Monday, February 26, 2007

Playing With Transparencies

I had a nice relaxing evening on Sunday crafting and experimenting with making embellishments out of transparency sheets. Anyway, after lots of faffing and playing I made some bits to use on a layout and today I finished it off while Isabelle had a sleep.

There is a sheet of transparency over the photo with 'love' and the heart stamped on it using Staz On. Then I wrote the word beautiful on an off cut of transparency using an American Crafts slick writer, coloured roughly over the reverse with a white sharpie and inked the edges with staz on. The photo corners are a combination of staz on, slick writer pen and white sharpie all on transparency.

The journaling box is a foofala rub on, "EYES" is done with Creative Imaginations chipboard letters and the lace border is froma Rebecca Sower Nostaligiques pack.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sue Jones said...

Wow Mel I LOVE this its Gorg!! and an adorable photo ...makes you want to kiss those cheeks LOL

6:56 pm  
Blogger Sue Jones said...

Wow Mel I LOVE this its Gorg!! and an adorable photo ...makes you want to kiss those cheeks LOL

6:56 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

Lovely photo and layout.

(I stamped on acetate with Stazon myself this weekend, for the first time, for a class by Debbie. Borrowed some lush Rhonna Farrer swirl stamps for it.)

8:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo Mel, its stunning! The effect you got is brilliant.

8:19 pm  
Blogger scrapdolly said...

I LOVE this

I have been playing with acetates too but nothing like as wow as this
It is fabby

8:37 pm  
Blogger domestic goddess said...

gorgoeus hun, so love this :)

2:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

really gorgeous layout!! who needs hambly when you are producing such lovely things!

3:05 pm  
Blogger Cath said...

Really really stunning Mel!

6:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
Crafty Blogs