Friday, April 06, 2007

Playing With My New Lens

Although I mostly use my camera for photographing people and events I often go to the zoo as it is right on our doorstep. One of the lovely things about our zoo is that the animals have got decent sized enclosures which is great for the animals but I was finding with the 18-70mm lens I have on the camera I couldn't get close enough. So I did a bit of research and got myself a new lens. I got the Sigma 70-300 f4.5-5.3 APO DG Macro I got it at Jessops but had a magazine with an advert where they agreed to price match any camera of lens in the magazine so I got it at the Warehouse express price which was good!
Anyway, I had a little play with the lens and for the money I am quite happy with it. It will need to be tripod mounted for the longer end which I expected but I also had a little play with it's macro function which was an added extra.


I got this shot which I quite like of a wasp on the pear blossom in our garden. Anyone who knows me knows I hate wasps but I didn't have to get too close!

6 Comments:

Blogger scrapdolly said...

Wow fab macro picture Mel

and I am sooooo envious of you so close to the zoo.
If it wasn't for the 3 and a half hour drive I would go every day!

5:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You is so techie woman!
Loving your beautiful Belle LO's and your photography is fab xoxox

8:38 pm  
Blogger Cath said...

Gorgeous Mel!

8:11 am  
Blogger Nickibee said...

That is a beautiful photo mel - even if it is of a wasp. I am so with you on hating the darn things.

10:39 am  
Blogger domestic goddess said...

ooo great photo, :)

3:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a corker of a pic, I lurve my 70-300 lens, go shoot more Mel LOL!

8:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!
Crafty Blogs